The Work is a simple yet powerful process of inquiry that teaches you to identify and question the thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting you, and to address the cause of your problems with clarity. In its most basic form, The Work consists of four questions and the turnarounds.
People who do The Work as an ongoing practice commonly report:
- Alleviation of depression: Find resolution, even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
- Decreased stress: Live with less anxiety or fear.
- Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
- Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful and become reactive less often, with less intensity.
- Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
- More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
- More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.”